Sunday, March 9, 2008

Do you love Sunday's like I love Sunday's?


I have to admit, I LOVE Sunday's. I didn't always..as a child, it was my dad's day off, and we had to tip toe silently past the couch where he lay sleeping, or risk the wrath of a grizzly bear. He would leave the T.V. on the channel where the cubs or the bears would be playing, then drift off to sleep. Even in his deepest sleep, we never dared change the channel! He worked hard, and maybe he loved Sunday's because it was his day to have it "his way"...and now that's why I love them. I often work on Sunday's by choice, but I may also read or listen to music, take a nap in the middle of the day or wander over to Amazon or eBay and look around. I love listening to the little samples off of the CD's I'm curious about, and reading other's reviews about the books or things they've purchased. In the summer I've always had the gallery open, but it's almost always slow, and then I have a chance to visit with friends who stop by, or sit outside and watch all the life around me. I have no expectations of myself on Sundays, maybe that's why I love them..no goals, no agendas. What kind of world would this be if we treated each other as a "Sunday"...that's a pleasant thought. The "Dream Keeper's" are still in the works, but I finished this painting that called itself "Barren Branches Bring...", so I thought I'd share it with you. I was thinking about the way things seem still and frozen in winter, but underneath, everything is vibrantly alive and ready to bloom again. Even on gray winter Sunday's I feel like I've just been fed and bestowed with a little divine light from the sun and beyond. Wishing you the same, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails