Friday, February 25, 2011

On Evenings Edge


On Evenings Edge
Originally uploaded by livingstonestudio















I often feel like evening swoops in unexpectedly each day as I work. I sometimes notice the dimming light, but often there is complete darkness outside my window before I realize evening has come. I feel the chill as sunlight is replaced by moonlight and ritual of closing curtains (to keep the heat in the house), feeding the cat, turning on lights and preparing food are upon me again. Where did the day go (?!) is something I frequently feel...especially when I'm working on a painting like this one. This small painting took me all week to complete, but time stood still for most of it. Only hunger and thirst pulled me away. Flowers, birds, butterflies, clouds, suns, moon, stars, trees, fields, happy colors make me feel like spring is around the corner..even if it's just in my painting for now. Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by! xo sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails