Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Resilient Spirit Series I "Inner Strength

Resilient ; (Resilience in psychology is the positive capacity of people to cope with stress and catastrophe. It is also used to indicate a characteristic of resistance to future negative events. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resilience_(adj) resilient (recovering readily from adversity, depression, or the like)

I recently found a notebook/journal with my idea for a series of sculptures expressing resilience of spirit. This journal was about 6 or 7 years old, but I believe it's no accident I came upon it this winter. I created this piece last month, but had different ideas for finishing her..she has a hollowed center, and I was intending to fill it with something beautiful, but every time I thought I knew what I would do, something would stop me. This week I picked her up and just started drawing a tree in ink and colored pencil with a few painted highlights. I thought about the way a baby comes into the world..with it's spiritual core intact. I believe that is a memory we can draw upon in times of stress or uncertainty, and remembering that we were born intact, (all pure love and open to everything) we can step back into that space long enough to remember our strength, our gifts and the endless possibilities.
Thanks for taking time to visit! xo sue

Just click the link under the photo if you want to see more views on flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails